Academic Areas: None
Ph.D. in Communication Engineering, Huazhong Univ. of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, 2005
M.S. in computer science, Wuhan University, Wuhan, China, 2001
B.S. in mathematics, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, China, 1991
Research Staff, ECS, University of Southampton, UK, 2010-2011.
Associate Professor，Huazhong University of Science and Technology 2005-Present
Lecturer，Hubei University 1995-2005
. Gan Liu, Guangxi Zhu, Youlin Ruan, Zhenping Hu, Weimin Wu, Desheng Wang, Novel Stochastic Control Model for Call Admission Control in Broadband Wireless Multimedia Networks, Chinese Journal of Electronics, Vol.14, No.1, Jan 2005. pp. 154-158.
2．Gan Liu, Changchun Xu, Guangxi Zhu, Dynamic Connection-Level Call Admission Control in Multi-Services Cellular Networks，Chinese Journal of Electronics，Vol.14, No.4,Oct. 2005. pp. 671-675.
3. Wenpeng Yuan, Guangxi Zhu, Gan Liu, Cross-layer schemes for optimization of VoIP over 802.11e WLAN, Proceedings of IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, 2007, IEEE GLOBECOM 2007 pp.4883-4887.
4. MingXin Chen, Gan Liu, GuangXi Zhu, Utility based call admission control in WLAN, Tien Tzu Hsueh Pao/Acta Electronica Sinica, vol36(7), July 2008, pp.1429-1434.
5. Mingxin Chen, Gan Liu, Di Wu, Guangxi Zhu, A Unified Model for Performance Analysis of 802.11 in Heterogeneous Traffic and Saturation Condition, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications, 2008. ICC '08. May 2008, pp. 2644-2649.
6. Changchun Xu, Yanyi Xu, Gan Liu, Kezhong Liu, Voice Communications over 802.11 Ad Hoc Networks: Modeling, Optimization and Call Admission Control，IEICE Transactions on Informations and Systems, Jan. 2010, pp. 50-58.
7. Gan Liu, Chao Chen, Yuying Li, Junfeng Guo, Priority-based variable multi-channel MAC protocols in cognitive radio wireless networks: A fair channel access strategy, Proceedings of 2009 IEEE International Conference on Communications Technology and Applications, IEEE ICCTA2009, pp. 488-492.
8. Changchun Xu, Gan Liu, Wenqing Cheng, Zongkai Yang, Multi-Transceiver Multiple Access (MTMA) for mobile wireless ad hoc networks, Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications, ICC 2005, May 2005, pp.2932-2936.
9. Gan Liu, Guangxi Zhu, Weimin Wu, An adaptive call admission policy for broadband wireless multimedia networks using stochastic control, Proceedings of 2004 IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, WCNC 2004, pp. 1324-1329.
10. Changchun Xu, Kezhong Liu, Gan Liu, Jianhua He, Accurate queuing analysis of IEEE 802.11 MAC layer, Proc. of IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference, 2008, IEEE GLOBECOM 2008, pp.303-307.
11. G. Liu, X. Zhu, and G. Zhu, "Impact of Variance of Heterogeneous Spectrum on Performance of Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc Networks," Proceeding of IEEE ICC 2012.
12. G. Liu, X. Zhu, and L. Hanzo,“Dynamic Spectrum Sharing Models for Cognitive Radio Aided Ad Hoc Networks and Their Performance Analysis”, Proceeding of IEEE GLOBECOM 2011.
• over 80 research papers published
• possess of 8 invention patents
Awards and Honors
Prize for Excellent Dissertation for PH.D. of Hubei Province in 2006
• Queue Theory,
• Computer Networks,
• Data Structure,
• C/C++, etc.
• Research on Joint Selection of Spectrum and Routing, Dynamic Call Admission Control and Spectrum Allocation in Cognitive Radio Ad Hoc Networks, supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61071068，340,000RMB, project chief), 2011-2013.
• Research on Dynamic Call Admission Control and Cross-layer Optimization in Cellular/WLAN/Heterogeneous Wireless Networks supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 60672059，270,000RMB, project chief), 2007-2010.
• Research on Dynamic Bandwidth Allocation Based on Ad hoc Load Balancing in Heterogeneous Wireless Networks supported by the National High Technology Research and Development Program of China (863 No.2006AA01Z233，1,000,000 RMB, project chief), 2006-2009.
• Research on WLAN and Heterogeneous Wireless Networks supported by NTT DoCoMo（300,000RMB, project chief），2005-2006
• Research on the airlink adaptive technology based on MIMO-OFDM communication system supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China , (No.603905405), 2003-2007
• Study on wireless transmission link technology of a new generation of cellular mobile communication system (B3G/4G) supported by National 863 Key Science and Technology Project (NO.2001AA123014), 2002-2004